Wilhelm GRONBACH GmbH & Co KG
- Ensure the continuous and timely supply of purchased material to support manufacturing operations.
- Work with vendors to ensure quality, technical support, process control, service and lowest costs are achieved. Manage vendor continuous improvement initiatives.
- Meet with vendors to discuss current performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Acquire and maintain technical understanding for materials purchased along with their cost drivers.
- Support strategies to achieve purchasing and operational goals, and manage reporting metrics such as PPV, OTD, etc..
- Communicate with Quality and Engineering to improve the cost of quality and resolve issues.
- Identify and launch new suppliers that will specifically address organizational needs.
- Manage sourcing projects, key initiatives and supplier negotiations.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of independence and decision-making latitude is expected.
- Maintain the purchasing data in ERP system (INFOR – LN)
- Support the Head of Strategic Purchasing by assigned tasks
KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION
- University Degree in Economics. Supply Chain, Business, related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite, required
- Strong understanding of ERP/MRP principles required
- A minimum of five years purchasing / sourcing experience is required, preferably in the home appliances or automotive industry.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Quick learner; sharp, flexible thinker
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with people and keep a positive attitude in challenging situations
- Attention to detail & strong organizational skills
- Ability to read & review product specifications / prints
- Ability to multitask in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Travel may be required, not to exceed 25%
- English + German language is a must
- Experience in INFOR – LN is a big advantage